Here’s How To Celebrate National Mimosa Day During A Pandemic
The weather is starting to warm up and I know it sucks that we are still in the house. However, that doesn’t mean we can’t enjoy ourselves and have fun. inside the house.
Do you miss having brunch with your friends? I bet you do. In fact, we all do. One of my favorite things about brunch is mimosas—especially if they are unlimited. Well, since we are still practicing social distancing and self-isolation, we might as well get the party started to celebrate in the comfort of our own homes.
So what is a mimosa? It’s a cocktail where you mix champagne with something citrus but most people use orange juice. It’s not a heavy cocktail and it’s usually served at weddings, day parties and of course brunches. You can still get drunk, so treat it like you would a glass of wine.
The key to a good mimosa is having chilled ingredients. Having really quality juice that’s been chilled really makes for a tasty cocktail. For the recipes I’m going to present to you today, Natalie’s Juices are used because they have fresh, cold-pressed juices and several citrus juices you can choose from.
1 Bottle of champagne
2 16 oz. Bottles of Natalie’s Blood Orange Juice
1 tbsp. Finely chopped fresh sage
1 cup Water
1 cup Sugar
Blood orange slices & sage leaves, for garnish
(Yields 1 Serving)
- Start by making the sage simple syrup*.
- In a champagne flute mix equal parts blood orange juice with champagne.
- Add 1-2 tbsp. sage simple syrup & stir.
- Garnish with a slice of blood orange on the side of the glass & a sage leaf floating on top.
*Sage Simple Syrup
- In a small pot bring the water, sugar & sage to a boil. Boil for 2 mins.
- Remove from the heat & allow to cool completely.
- Pour the syrup through a fine-mesh sieve to remove all the sage leaves.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 week
I know it’s hard right now but you deserve a drink or two. You deserve it. While you are at it, make some cookies or brownies to go with that delicious mimosa. Then, video chat your friends and share the recipe. Don’t forget to stay home and wear a mask.